It is important to link or activate your streaming device before you can begin watching your favourite video content. Most importantly, your Roku streaming device needs to be linked with your account so that Roku can know that you have a valid license/subscription. Apart from this, it also lets the service provider know about the channels you have subscribed to.
However, users have reportedly faced some issues while activating their roku streaming device. This might happen due to a variety of reasons or when the users visit a wrong website.
The first thing you should do in this situation is to visit the official website for the activation purpose. This link goes by the URL roku.com/link and must be entered in the same manner as given. Once you visit this link, you need to enter a code for the activation purpose.
Troubleshoot issues during activation
Problem: getting an error while entering the link code
In case you are getting an error when you try to enter the activation code on the roku website, you can try to enter it once again. You might have made a typing mistake while entering the activation code which is resulting in this error.
If that fails to help:
- Press the star button represented by an (*) on your Roku remote.
- On the resulting menu, select the option reading as ‘Get a new code’.
- Now, your screen will display a new link code.
- After that, go to the activation link i.e. roku.com/link.
- Here, enter the new activation field in the given blank.
If you are still having trouble while activating your streaming player, try the following:
- Ensure that you are following the activation process in a stepwise way.
- Make sure you have completed all the activation steps.
- On seeing an error message such as “not connected” or an error code, try to re-establish a network connection with your Roku device.
If you confirm that you have followed all the steps correctly and entered the code in the right way, then you will be able to activate/link your device without facing an issue.